Pokemon types Chart
In the Pokemon Type Chart, we would describe all pokemon types along with their strengths weaknesses and their resistance power against all other types and which pokemon type performs best against another type.
|Type||Strong Vs||Weak Vs||Resist||Vulnerable To|
|Normal||Rock, Steel, Ghost||Ghost||Fighting|
|Fighting||Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark||Flying, Poison, Bug, Psychic, Ghost (Immune)||Rock, Bug, Dark||Flying, Psychic, Fairy|
|Flying||Fighting, Bug, Grass, Fairy||Rock, Steel, Electric||Ground, Fighting, Bug, Grass||Rock, Electric, Ice|
|Poison||Grass, Fairy||Poison, Ground, Rock, Ghost||Fighting, Poison, Bug, Grass, Fairy||Ground, Psychic|
|Ground||Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire, Electric||Bug, Grass||Poison, Rock||Water, Grass, Ice|
|Rock||Flying, Bug, Fire, Ice||Fighting, Ground, Steel||Poison, Rock||Water, Grass, Ice|
|Bug||Grass, Psychic, Dark||Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Fairy||Fighting, Ground, Grass||Flying, Rock, Fire|
|Ghost||Ghost, Psychic||Dark||Normal, Fighting, Poison, Bug||Ghost, Dark|
|Steel||Rock, Ice, Fairy||Steel, Fire, Water, Electric||Normal, Flying, Poison, Rock, Bug, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Fairy||Fighting, Fire, Poison|
|Fire||Bug, Steel, Grass, Ice||Rock, Fire, Water, Dragon||Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice, Fairy||Ground, Rock, Water|
|Water||Ground, Rock, Fire||Water, Grass, Dragon||Steel, Fire, Water, Ice||Grass, Electric|
|Grass||Ground, Rock, Water||Flying, Poison, Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass||Water, Grass, Electric||Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire, Ice|
|Electric||Flying, Water||Ground, Grass, Electric||Flying, Steel, Electric||Ground|
|Psychic||Fighting, Poison||Steel, Psychic, Dark||Fighting, Psychic||Bug, Ghost, Dark|
|Ice||Flying, Ground, Grass, Dragon||Steel, Fire, Water, Ice||Ice||Fighting, Rock, Steel, Fire|
|Dragon||Dragon||Steel||Fire, Water, Grass, Electric||Ice, Dragon, Fairy|
|Dark||Ghost, Psychic||Fighting, Dark, Fairy||Ghost, Psychic, Dark||Fighting, Bug, Fairy|
|Fairy||Fighting, Dragon, Dark||Poison, Steel, Fire||Fighting, Bug, Dark||Poison, Ghost, Dragon|
If you are in link with pokemon game or cartoon, you’ll surely know about pokemon types. Your pokemon adventure is incomplete without these pokemon types. These types refer to different elemental properties associated with both pokemon and their moves. You’ll see that there are 18 pokemon types of pokemon in the pokemon adventure. All these types are having some specifications that differentiate each type from the other one. You can utilize the pokemon type while generating your exclusive pokemon. Now, let’s discuss the 18 types of pokemon.
These are mentioned as follows
You can see that these are all types of pokemon. But, did you know these all are different from each other? Yes! Each of the types has a few strengths & weaknesses. If you are desiring to get a next-level advantage then you must be known of all these types deeply. Our write-up will help you in this way. Here we are providing you all the essential information regarding the pokemon types. You have to read it once, for a better understanding. This article will surely help you to get the knowledge about the strengths & weaknesses of all pokemon types. Hope so, this write-up will be so informative for you.
Pokemon Weakness Chart:
In pokemon weakness chart We are providing you this exclusive chart for your better assistance about pokemon weakness and strength. You should not keep all the information regarding pokemon weakness in your mind. We understand that it is difficult. But, if you keep this information at your fingertips you can do better at your gaming adventure. You can read this chart very easily. You have to do that just go for that pokemon type’s database in which you are interested. This ultimate chart will let you know whether your pokemon is weak or strong. This chart would upgrade your power of selecting a pokemon type in a quick run.
we are providing two tools to calculate pokemon weakness.
- pokemon Type Calculator
- Pokemon weakness Calculator
Normal Type Weakness and Strengths:
It is the most basic type of pokemon. Normal pokemon type is very common. The normal type is special as per their moves. Normal type Pokemon are consist of several types of real-world animals. There are 115 normal type pokemon. Dodrio,
Hoothoot, Noctowl, and Igglybuff are a few types of normal pokemon.
- Ghost-type does not affect normal pokemon.
- Fighting types are super-effective on the normal types.
- Its hits are not much effective & responsive.
- Its normal moves are not effective against rock & type.
Water Type Weakness and Strengths
Water pokemon type is one of the main elemental types along with the fire & grass. Water is the most common type of pokemon which acts very effectively in most situations. The power of water-type effects upgraded during rain and decreases by 50% while the harsh sunlight. Cloyster, Starmie, Gyarados, and Mega Gyarados are some examples of water-type pokemon.
- Water moves are super effective against fire, ground & water type pokemon
- Fire, water, steel, and ice are not very effective against water type pokemon
- water moves are not very effective against water, grass & dragon.
- Electric, grass types are super effective against water-type pokemon.
Fire Type Weakness and Strengths
Fire-type is one of the three starter types of pokemon. Fire types are immune to being burned, regardless of the type of move utilized that will have inflicted a burn. These types of pokemon reduce heat to destroy the other types during the war. There are 75 fire-type pokemon are available. Moltres, Blaziken., Charizard., Entei., Volcanion. And Ho-Oh.are the top fire-type pokemon.
- It is super effective against ice, grass, bug & steel type
- Fire-type resists grass attacks.
- It can be easily attacked by water-type pokemon.
- It is weak against rock, fire, and water & dragon-type pokemon.
Grass Type Weakness and Strengths
Grass-type Pokemon is one of the weakest statistically, along with 5 defensive weaknesses, and 7 different types that are resistant to the grass moves. Let’s discuss a few of the top-class grass-type pokemon, which are Tapu Bulu, Rillaboom, Venusaur, Zarude, and Shaymin, Roserade.
- grass type pokemon are super effective against water, ground & rock type pokemon
- water, ground, grass electric types are not much dangerous to grass types.
- grass moves are not very effective against fire, grass, poison, flug bug, dragon & steel.
- Fire, ice, poison flying & bug are super-effective against grass type.
Flying Type Weakness and Strengths
Most of the flying-type pokemon are based on birds and insects. They have special power to fly in the air so it is their additional strength. Few of the flying pokemon are consisting of mythical creatures. You can win the battle by selecting this powerful pokemon. There are 105 flying-type pokemon are available for you. Charizard, landorus, dragonite, and lugia are the few of the superb flying type pokemon.
- Flying moves are super effective against grass, fighting & bug type pokemon
- Ground-type of pokemon can’t affect on flying type due to its flying power.
- Flying moves are not much effective against electric, rock & steel.
- Electric, rock, and ice can easily harm flying type pokemon
Fighting Type Weakness and Strengths
Fighting-type Pokemon are strong enough and have muscle-bound often based on martial arts. The fighting moves of this type are super effective against five other pokemon types. The number of the fighting moves is in the physical category. You can defeat your opponent very easily. Lucario, Blaziken, Heracross, Infernape, Medicham, and Machamp are the few fighting-type pokemon.
- Fighting moves are super effective against normal, ice, rock, dark & steel type pokemon
- Bug, rock, grass type pokemon can’t easily affect on fighting type pokemon
- Fighting moves are not very effective against poison, flying, physic, bug & fairy
- Fighting moves do not affect ghost type pokemon
Poison Type Weakness and Strengths
It is one of the weakest types of pokemon that is super effective against only grass-type pokemon. But, now its extra advantage is against the new fairy type. It fairs a little bit defensively but its best advantage is through status moves like toxic. There are 69 Poison-type pokemon, a few of the poison-type pokemon are Weezing-Galar, Venusaur, Toxapex, Toxtricity, and Gengar.
- Poison moves are super effective against grass & fairy type
- Grass, fighting, poison, bug, and a fairy are not much effecting on poison type
- Poison moves are not very effective against poison, ground, rock, and ghost
- Poison moves do not affect steel.
Electric Type Weakness and Strengths
Most of the electric-type pokemon are based on rodents or inanimate objects. Electric pokemon are very good for their defense. This type is being weak only to the ground moves. There is 61 electric type of pokemon that can assist in your gaming adventure. Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, and rotom are some electric-type pokemon.
- Electric moves are super effective against water & flying type pokemon
- Electric, flying & steel can’t be much harmful to electric type.
- Electric moves are not very effective against electric, grass & dragon
- Electric moves do not affect the ground type
Ground Type Weakness and Strengths
Ground-type is one of the strongest types, this type is super-effective against five other pokemon types and earthquakes. Furthermore, the ground type is having the strongest moves in the game along with the extraordinary power and accuracy of 100%. Excadrill, Golurk., Garchomp. Steelix, Nidoking, Nidoquee, Donphan, and Rhyperior are the top-notch ground-type pokemon.
- Ground moves are super effective against fire, electric, poison, rock & steel.
- Electric-type pokemon do not affect the ground type
- Ground moves are not very effective against grass & bug.
- Ground moves do not affect flying due to their flying capability.
Rock type Weakness and Strengths
Rock type is the solid type of pokemon that is strong enough. It is a highly defensive pokemon type. Many of the rock-type pokemons are part ground they have a 4x weakness to both water & grass type, whose moves often comes up as a special type of pokemon. Geodude. Rock, Graveler. Rock, Golem. Rock and Rhydon are some rock-type pokemon.
- Rock moves are super effective against fire, ice, flying & bug.
- Normal, fire, poison, and flying are not much dangerous to rock type
- Rock moves are not very effective against fighting, ground & steel
- Water, grass, fighting ground, and steel type can strongly affect the rock type pokemon.
Psychic Type Weakness and Strengths
This type of pokemon has few strengths, but it has also few weaknesses. Its major drawback is that its moves do not affect the dark type. Although psychic type movers are typically clever moves. Several psychic pokemon are available for your use. Lugia, Celebi, Ralts, and Kirlia belong to the psychic type pokemon.
• Psychic moves are super effective against fighting & poison-type pokemon.
• Its strength is that fighting & psychic type can’t affect very easily on psychic type pokemon.
• Psychic moves are not very effective against psychic and steel type
• Bug, ghost, and dark type can easily harm psychic type
Ice Type Weakness and Strengths
Ice-type pokemons are the rarest type of pokemon. This type consists of over 60 pokemon. These pokemons are ranked defensively in the term of stats, although a different type of weaknesses can let them down. Most of the ice-type pokemon are mythical. Aurora, Azure, Glacia, Ietta, Snowflake, and Niege are the few pokemon from the ice category.
• Ice moves are super effective against grass, ground, flying & dragon
• Ice-type pokemon are not very effective against ice type
• Ice moves are not very effective against fire, water, ice & steel
• Fire, fighting, rock & steel type pokemon can be harmful to ice type.
Bug Type Weakness and Strengths
Most of the bug-type pokemon grow very fastly. Also, evolve quickly than the other type of pokemon. As result, they are often very weak.it is not a very suitable type if we compare it to the others. Most of the bugs are useless, although, few are useful they are less in the quantity.
Venomoth, Scyther, Mega Pinsir, and Ledyba are some pokemon from the bug family.
• Bug moves are super effective against grass, psychic & dark
• Grass, fighting, and ground are the types that can harm bug type very easily
• Bug moves are not very effective against fire, fighting, poison, flying, ghost & steel type
• Fire, flying & rock can easily affect negatively against bug type
Ghosts are also a rare type of pokemon. There is a total of 34 ghost types of pokemon. It is a type of scary type pokemon that is having some additional strength & power. Lastly, Haunter, Gengar, Misdreavus, Sableye, Shuppet, Banette. And Duskull, are the few pokemon that belong to this category.
• Normal and fighting type can’t affect on ghost type
• Ghost moves are super effective against psychic and ghost
• Ghost moves do not affect normal type pokemon
• Ghost & dark types are super-effective against a ghost type
Steel type pokemon
Steel-type pokemon was introduced in the 2nd generation of the pokemon game. It is the strongest type as its defensive level. The steel type is having the highest level of defense stat in the games. Metagross is the most powerful full steel pokemon. Lucario, Dialga, Scizor, and Aron are a few of the steel pokemon.
• Steel moves are super effective against ice, rock & fairy
• Poison can’t be affected on steel type
• Steel moves are not very effective against fire, water, electric & steel type
• Fire, fighting, and ground can easily effected on steel type
Dragon-type is the most exclusive and powerful type among all the pokemon types. They are difficult to train due to requiring more EXP points as per level than most non-legendary pokemon. Most of the final evolution dragon types have a 4x weakness to the ice type. Dragonair, Dragonite, Kingdra, and Vibrava are some examples of dragon types.
• Dragon moves are super effective against dragons.
• Fire, water, electric & grass type pokemon can’t affect easily on dragon type pokemon
• Dragons moves are not very effective against steel type
• Dragons can’t affect on fairy type.
The dark type of pokemon is introduced in the second generation of pokemon games. It is resistant to psychic cut down that type’s benefits by a long way. When it is paired with the ghost type it was the only type combo to have no amount of weaknesses before generation 6. Squidward, Kraken, Kermet, Teddy, Whiskers, and Chomper belong to the dark family.
• Dark moves are next-level effective against psychic and ghost type
• Ghost & grass type are not as effective against a dark type
• Dark moves are not very effective against fighting, dark & fairy
• Fighting, bug, and fairy can affect negatively against a dark type
Fairy type Pokemon
The fairy-type pokemon was introduced in generation 6. It reduces the power of dragons. Furthermore, ensure the offensive boost to the poison and steel type pokemon. There are more than 60 fairy-type pokemon that can be played their role on the battlefield. Slurpuff, Sylveon, Xerneas, and Swirlix belong to the fairy type.
• Fairy moves are super effective against fighting, dragon & dark type
• Dragon-type cannot affect fairy type
• Fairy moves are not very effective against fire, poison, and steel
• Poison & steel can easily be affected the Fairy-type pokemon.
Importance of Type Chart:
You can’t get your desired goals and achievements without the pokemon types. Your pokemon are based on these types. All the types are having some pros & cons regarding the gaming adventure. You can’t compete with your opponents if you do not know which pokemon type should be utilized by you.
In easy words we are justifying it “Right pokemon type for right duty”, here you’ll know about the basic information about all types along with their strengths & weaknesses.
Features of pokemon type chart:
We want to provide you best of the best. Our aim is that if you are on our website, you will not feel any need to go anywhere else. Here you’ll get all kinds of essential information that is required by you for better gaming purposes.
This pokemon chart will provide you assistance in all ways. This amazing pokemon cart will let you know about all the pros & cons related to the pokemon types. Let’s discuss its objectives one by one.
This chart would inform you about your Pokémon’s strength against the other one. Here you will get the information about the super effectiveness of pokemons’ types.
Furthermore, it will permit you to know about the weaknesses of your pokemon type. Also, it will provide you the information about that pokemon that is strong against your pokemon.
It is listed as a resist, taking attacks from that pokemon type would be done less damage to your pokemon type.
It would let you know about your type’s weakness. The attacks of these types would deal more damage.
Frequently Asked Question
What are the 4 main Pokemon types?
Here are the 4 major pokemon types.
What is the rarest Pokémon type?
Ice-type is the rarest type in the whole Pokemon series.
What is the weakest Pokémon type?
Bug-type Pokemon is one of the weakest pokemons.
How many Pokemon types exist?
There is a total of 18 pokemon types you can get in the pokemon adventure.
Do any Pokémon have 4 evolutions?
Burmy is a Generation 5 Pokémon along with four possible evolutions. A male Burmy would always evolve into a Mothim at level 20.